Do you have a passion for community development, building wealth in low-income communities and making an impact? Have you worked at a community-focused depository institution, and wondered how the financial system can better serve the underserved?
We are seeking a high energy and dynamic candidate for the position of Director of Programs and Membership. The Director will advance our membership, programmatic, and education agenda. The position reports to the Chief Public Policy Officer and works with all members of the team. This position is a full-time 40 hour per week opportunity.
The Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA) is the voice and champion for FDIC-certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks and thrifts. Our members are mission-focused financial institutions that provide lending, financial services, and technical assistance in disinvested urban, rural, and Native American communities across the United States. We support the CDFI and mission-focused banking sector through public policy advocacy, education, best practices, impact measurement, and peer networking.
CDBA is managed under an administrative agreement with Partners for the Common Good (PCG), also known as Partners. The Director of Programs and Membership will be an employee of Partners, but assigned to CDBA duties.
Partners operates the following entities:
- PCG Loan Fund (PCG) – PCG is a national CDFI lending network with local impact focused on affordable housing and community facilities finance. www.pcgloanfund.org;
- Community Development Bankers Association -- CDBA is the national trade association for the CDFI, MDI and mission focused banking sector and advocates for the industry and communities they serve, www.cdbanks.org;
- CapNexus – is a community development finance and industry networking and information sharing platform www.capnexus.org
Our work is pioneering in its creation of new tools and infrastructure for community development finance organizations to manage portfolios and grow their scale and impact.
PCG’s office and the position is located in Washington DC.
- Develop new programs and initiatives that advance the mission-focused banking sector and build their capacity to be agents of change in their communities.
- Identify and develop new program opportunities and/or products and services.
- Cultivate new members and engage current members in CDBA programming.
- Collaborate on the collection, analysis and dissemination of impact data to illustrate the power of CDFI banks, including compiling and disseminating research, data, and written materials on the industry to support advocacy efforts
- Design, plan and manage in-person and virtual educational events designed to advance community development finance and best practices in promoting access to capital and financial services in low- and moderate-income communities, communities of color, and un- and underbanked populations. These will include an annual conference in Washington DC, occasional in-person member events across the US, and approximately 2-3 webinars per month on banking and community development finance related topics.
- Collaborate on grant writing and reporting; research foundation resources that align with CDBA goals
- Execute special projects and provide general support to the membership
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree is preferred.
- 5+ years direct experience with the internal operations and policy environment of bank community-focused financial institutions
- Passion for community development and improving the lives of people in communities traditionally left out of the financial mainstream
- A proactive self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Strong program planning and event management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication, networking, relationship management, and customer service skills
- Knowledge or experience with impact metrics and management is a plus
- Strong people and teamwork skills
- Experience using Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) is a plus
Partners and CDBA acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and identities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, religion, and national origin. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply and consider joining our team.
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability coverage available. Retirement plan (employer matching and profit sharing); paid vacation, sick leave days, and holidays. Pleasant work environment. Partners is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information about the organization, and to apply, please submit your resume below.