Do you have a passion for community development, building wealth in low-income communities and making an impact? Partners for the Common Good (Partners) is a national community development finance organization that partners with mission-focused entities to bring capital, create opportunity, and build wealth for low-income people and communities. Our unique business model is driven by the partnerships within our network of CDFIs that provide responsible capital to communities across the United States.
We are seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to work across all of our entities (Partners), including PCG Loan Fund, the Community Development Bankers Association, and CapNexus. Reporting to the Chief of Investments & Impact, the Director will lead Marketing, Branding, Communications, as well as Public and Community Relations to meet strategic planning goals. This role will also work closely with the Chief of Policy Development and will have a direct report. Partners is currently working in a hybrid structure.
• Enhance Partner’s visibility among its key stakeholders through the development of branding, marketing and communication strategies for all of the organizations’ business lines.
• Lead in the coordination of the loan funds participation in conferences.
• Develop and implement a strategic and holistic marketing plan across Partner brands, product lines, and activities, including campaign creation and management.
• Manage and implement communication strategies to position Partners as a leader in the industry, including social media and news media outlets.
• In collaboration with the CIIO, develop relationships with key stakeholders that advance the strategic goals and enhancement of brand, earned revenue, sustainability, and goal achievement.
• Lead efforts to rebrand and reposition the organization and its business lines to the marketplace.
• Continuously identify and analyze market challenges/opportunities and engage in on-going refinement and development of products and services across the organization to respond to market demand.
• Participate in business and operations planning, goal setting, and development and implementation of strategies that enhance Partners program outcomes, earned revenue and sustainability.
• Work in partnership with the Director of Innovation to: (1) ensure a successful refresh and relaunch of the PCG, CDBA and CapNexus websites (2) develop CapNexus as an industry networking, information sharing, and thought leadership platform; and (3) provide marketing support to cultivate registered users, sponsors, content and listings that facilitate CapNexus’s platform expansion.
• Develop an overall strategy for social media within the organization, with existing and/or new tools.
• Lead the production of all marketing and outreach materials to support fundraising, programmatic and other initiatives for Partners, including targeted mailings, press releases and advertising
• Lead digital marketing, branding, communications efforts; and impact storytelling efforts, to include data analytics reporting.
• Supervise and/or participate in the development of video storytelling products.
• Lead graphic design for projects such as corporate and product one-sheets, annual reports, website, fliers, invites, banners, social media posts that highlight the mission-driven lending case studies.
• Work with external partners for story idea, podcasts and webinars.
PCG seeks a seasoned professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, strong commitment to mission, and the following skills and experience:
• Bachelor’s (required) and/or Master’s Degree (preferred) in marketing, communications, or a related field.
• Five to 10 years of demonstrated successful experience leading marketing, branding, and communications efforts, including emerging and traditional media.
• Robust knowledge of social media, digital content systems management, marketing, advertising, and media relations.
• Strong writing skills are an imperative; experience with grant and proposal writing are a strong plus.
• Demonstrated successful experience writing press releases, making presentations and negotiating with media.
• Strong communication, leadership, organizational, and analytical skills and demonstrate the ability to solve problems.
• Proven ability to deal effectively, cooperatively, and tactfully to provide excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
• Strategic thinker with an exceptional ability to build relationships with external parties.
• A proactive self-starter with the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and be flexible.
• Experience working as a strong team member across multiple disciplines and teams, both internally and externally.
• Knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) is required.
We offer competitive compensation packages, including medical, dental, vision, life & disability coverage, retirement plans, paid vacations, sick leave days, and holidays.
At Partners for the Common Good, we are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace where everyone feels valued and respected. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and identities, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, ability, religion, and national origin. We encourage all qualified individuals to apply and consider joining our team.