Do you have passion for public policy? Do you want to create a more just, equitable and sustainable world? If you are interested in using banking as a force for good, we invite you to join our team.
The Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA) (www.cdbanks.org) is the national trade association of US based banks and bank holding companies that are certified Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and Minority Depository Institutions (MDIs). Our members are mission-focused institutions that provide lending, financial services, and technical assistance in disinvested urban neighborhoods, distressed rural communities, and underserved minority communities across the United States. Our members connect capital to create community level outcomes, promote racial equity and economic justice, and drive sustainable change.
CDBA is managed under an administrative agreement with Partners for the Common Good (PCG) (www.pcgloanfund.org). The Associate will be an employee of PCG, but principally assigned to duties that support its work with CDBA. PCG is a national community development organization with a mission to advance economic justice and racial equity among low-income people and people of color by partnering with and strengthening financial institutions that bring capital, create opportunity, and build wealth in communities. We operate as a wholesale loan participation network with CDFIs across the United States.
As a key member of the team, the Public Policy and Impact Associate supports our public policy agenda and impact strategies. This position reports to the Public Policy Director, but works with all members of the CDBA team, especially the Membership and Communications Associate.
Applicants will work in a collaborative, fast moving environment with a small team. This is a full time 40 hour per week position that includes a competitive salary and benefits. The position is located at PCG’s offices in Washington, DC.
We are seeking to hire for a position beginning in the spring or summer of 2022. Current college or Masters students expecting to graduate in the Spring 2022, are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Analyze legislative proposals and regulatory policies to assess impact on the membership and the low-income communities they serve
• Organize advocacy campaigns directed toward Federal policy makers, including arranging Congressional visits for CDBA members
• Create and update CDBA member impact profiles
• Write policy content for website, quarterly newsletters, and other publications
• Support event planning for conferences, webinars, and other events, including marketing, speaker engagement, and logistics
• Assist Public Policy Director in tracking policy trends and record keeping
• Plan, film, edit and produce short videos (2-3 minutes) that highlight the mission-driven activities of CDBA member banks.
• Build, maintain and utilize Salesforce Database of legislative contacts and advocacy participation
• Collaborate with Membership and Communications Associate to manage CDBA PolicyMap geocoding platform for member banks
• Other duties as assigned
• This position will involve occasional travel, COVID-19 pandemic conditions allowing.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in public policy, political science, communications, film, journalism, economics, business administration, or data analytics in the social sciences
• Interest or experience in public policy or advocacy with a particular focus on community development and/or financial services
• A proactive self-starter with the ability to multi-task, excellent time management and organizational skills and attention to detail
• Good networking, relationship management, and customer skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Highly Desired (But Not Required) Experience:
• Photography and/or video editing and production
• Qualitative interviewing and/or journalism
• Impact storytelling in video, print or digital format
• Experience with impact data collection and analytics
• Adobe InDesign and Premiere Pro
• Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) system
PCG is adhering to CDC, state, and local orders with regard to COVID-19. Since summer 2021, staff has been gradually transitioning from remote work to in-person at our physical offices. We are closely monitoring the recommendations of health officials to protect the health and well-being of all staff. Applicants are strongly encouraged to be in the DC, MD, or VA area to be able to work in-office.
To date, PCG has not instituted a vaccination policy. All staff, however, have been fully vaccinated from COVID-19. Therefore, PCG prefers a candidate who is also fully vaccinated. Consideration may be given, however, to those who have documented medical or religious reasons for not receiving the vaccine.
PCG acknowledges and honors the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. Our community strives to create and maintain a working environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
To apply please fill out the form below.