The Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA) is the national trade association of FDIC-certified Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) banks and thrifts. Our members are mission-focused institutions that provide lending, financial services, and technical assistance in disinvested urban, rural, and Native American communities across the United States. We support the CDFI and mission-focused banking sector through public policy advocacy, education and best practices, and peer networking.
CDBA is managed under an administrative agreement with Partners for the Common Good (PCG). The Membership Director will be an employee of PCG, but principally assigned to CDBA duties.
We are seeking a high energy and dynamic candidate for the position of Membership Director. The Director will advance our membership, programmatic, and education agenda. The position reports to the Chief Executive Officer and works with all members of the team. This position is a full-time 40 hour per week opportunity. The position is located at PCG’s offices in Washington DC.
- Recruit and cultivate new members and engage current members (85+ banks) in CDBA programming
- Plan and manage in-person and virtual events, including annual conference in DC, occasional member events across the country, and approximately two webinars per month on various banking and community development related topics
- Develop member programming, training, and new initiatives by working with member banks, consultants, and Federal agencies to create programming that supports the missions of CDFI banks • Support grant writing and reporting; research foundation resources that align with CDBA goals
- Analyze, compile and disseminate research, data, and written materials on the industry to support advocacy efforts
- Perform ad hoc analysis of CDFI bank data to illustrate the power of CDFI banks
- Execute special projects and provide general support to the membership
- Supervise one Associate-level staff member
- Other duties as assigned
- Passion for community development and improving the lives of people in communities traditionally left out of the financial mainstream
- A proactive self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills, high attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication, networking, relationship management, and customer service skills
- Experience working directly with C-Suite level professionals and/or in externally-facing roles is a plus
- Strong people and teamwork skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience using Salesforce customer relationship management (CRM) is a plus
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen
PCG/CDBA acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. Together, our community strives to create and maintain a working environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law. COVID-19 Circumstances: PCG/CDBA are adhering to CDC, state, and local orders with regard to COVID-19. Staff have worked remotely since March 2020. We are closely monitoring the recommendations of health officials to protect the health and well-being of all staff. At this time, we expect to return to the office in downtown DC before the end of 2021. Applicants are strongly encouraged to be in the DC, MD, or VA area to be able to work in-office once it is possible again.
Competitive nonprofit sector salary commensurate with experience. Collegial work environment. Good benefits package available.
To Apply: Interested individuals should apply via the webform below. Please be sure to include a resume, cover letter, professional writing sample, and three references.