Partners for the Common Good (PCG) is a thought and innovation leader within the Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) industry. Founded in 2000, PCG’s mission is to promote economic justice for low income people and communities. We do this by partnering with CDFIs and socially motivated investors across the nation to serve borrowers that promote affordable housing, neighborhood revitalization, and healthy communities. PCG has a national footprint with offices located in Washington, DC.
Programs and Services:
Loan Participation Network: As a participation lender, PCG helps CDFIs maximize the use of scarce lending capital by promoting collaboration with other CDFIs. PCG finances affordable housing, charter schools, community health care facilities, and neighborhood revitalization projects. PCG has partnerships with 40 mission based lenders across the United States and has reached borrowers in 33 states and the District of Columbia and has a small portfolio of international investments in microfinance and fair trade organizations.
CapNexus: PCG is also leading the community development finance industry into the digital sector with the launch of its groundbreaking CapNexus platform (www.capnexus.org). CapNexus connects community development practitioners to capital, investment opportunities, information, and resources. Today, CapNexus has 600+ users and posted transactions seeking $240+ million in financing.
Social Impact Assessment: We a leader in social impact assessment. PCG develops and shares impact assessment tools and methodologies to improve the sector’s capacity to understand the effect of our lending and financial services activities and tell our stories.
Public Policy and Community Development Bankers Association (CDBA): PCG is a leader in the public policy arena. We also serve as the administrator of the Community Development Bankers Association, the national trade association of the community development bank sector. PCG staff provide advocacy, technical assistance, and information sharing on best practices that enhances capacity of the CDFI bank sector.
Innovation and Impact Manager is a full time permanent position. The incumbent will: (1) promote development and provide ongoing support of the CapNexus platform; (2) advance PCG’s social impact and evaluation initiatives; and (3) provide grant writing support for fundraising opportunities.
Develop and implement business development and customer acquisition strategies for cultivating registered users, sponsoring service providers, and listings to drive customer traffic and facilitate the CapNexus platform expansion. Prospect for potential new clients and convert leads into increased business opportunities and build relationships with new and existing clients. Identify and support new partnerships and collaborations among CapNexus users. Provide excellent customer service to new and existing clients.
Participate as part of product development team, including coordinating product roadmap, specifying requirements for product releases, overseeing technology development, and creating product communications/positioning. Design CapNexus performance metrics and analytic tools to gather market intelligence, evaluate product effectiveness and results, and ensure alignment with strategic goals and milestones. Management and writing of content for the CapNexus website and newsletter.
- Lead efforts to collect, analyze, and report on social impact data of PCG financing. Refine social impact metrics, data collection processes, and assessment methodologies based on data findings and sector best practices. Lead ongoing development of technological tools and systems for management of social impact assessment.
- Lead prospective initiatives to help mission focused lenders enhance collection, analysis, and reporting of social impact data.
- Participate in on-going business model development, pricing, and forecasting. Support efforts to cultivate resources to support platform growth.
Preferred or required skills:
- Required: Microsoft Office Suite
- Preferred: Experience using or interest in learning: Salesforce, Mailchimp, Survey Monkey, Drupal content management, Adobe Suite, and PolicyMap
- PCG seeks a seasoned professional with an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong commitment to mission, and following the skills and experience:
- Commitment to and passion for economic justice and using business to make the world a better place
- Experience in lending and/or financial services required
- Knowledge of community development finance, banking and/or impact investor sectors, a strong plus
- Exceptional ability to build relationships with external parties Outstanding speaking, writing, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- A background or strong interest in technology solutions. Experience in business development for a technology platform a plus
- Team-orientation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Entrepreneurial style, with an enthusiasm for working in a fast-paced, dynamic organization
- Detail-oriented, with high standards of performance
- A self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, juggle multiple tasks simultaneously, and flexible to meet team needs
- A bachelor's in a related field required; graduate degree a strong plus
The position reports to the Chief Program Development Officer. Competitive salary, excellent benefits and a pleasant work environment. PCG is an equal opportunity employer.